Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"mad, upset, competitive and ‘let’s get back to work.’"

Article provided by LJ World:
Bill Self has been able to put Kansas University’s season-ending basketball loss to Northern Iowa in perspective.

“This is not life or death, although in our world it’s serious,” Self, KU’s seventh-year coach, said Tuesday at his season-ending news conference in Allen Fieldhouse. “I am not in mourning. I am down. I’ve been down before. I’ve been down during the season.”

Aside from being down ... Self said he’s “sad, disappointed, hurt and then my emotions will turn to mad, upset, competitive and ‘let’s get back to work.’ So I’m not quite there yet, but I think I can get there pretty quickly and then your emotions will turn to excited about the next group you get an opportunity to work with because I do think regardless of what happens with who stays or who goes (to NBA), I think we have a chance to be very good next year.

“I’m getting closer to the point of being a little angry and ready to get back to work, to be real candid with you.”
READ MORE

No comments: