Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Aldrich, Henry still unsure of their futures



The Kansas City Star and Coach Bill Self have confirmed that Kansas Junior Cole Aldrich and Freshman Xavier Henry have yet to announce whether or not they will be returning as a Jayhawk next season or heading to the NBA. Both are seen as first-round picks.

All season, Bill Self has told fans not to get their hopes up about Aldrich returning for his Senior year.
"Don't hold your breath." he jokingly told spectators at the 2010 Senior Night at Allen Fieldhouse. The crowd had chanted, "One more year!"
At his season-ending news conference, Coach Self told reporters, "Cole and I visited yesterday. To me, with Cole it doesn’t have much to do with where people have him projected. We know he’s going to get drafted pretty high. It’s what would be best for his family."
For those urgent to know what Cole chooses, Coach predicts he will "probably have a decision sometime next week."

As of Xavier Henry, Self said, "I’ll meet with X. I saw him briefly yesterday, didn’t really talk about much. I’ll meet with him and see what he and his family want me to do. I’m not going to do something they don’t want me to do. That’ll be a family decision. (There’s) no timetable I have whatsoever on them getting together and making a decision."

Do YOU think they should stay?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

COLE, XAVIER, PLEASE STAAY!